Exit Slip, 9/17

 During a sit spot activity in the garden, I found a quiet bench hidden among the trees to sit and draw. As I sketched, I noticed how the natural and man-made parts seemed to complete each other. The bench wouldn't look as nice without the trees around it, and that corner of the garden wouldn't feel as comfortable without a place to sit. I also noticed an interesting contrast in shapes: the bench was made of straight lines and sharp 90-degree and 45-degree angles, while the surrounding nature was filled with soft, flowing curves.
This experience gave me an inspiring vision for my future math classroom. It reminded me that math isn't just about abstract formulas on a page; it’s a living language written all around us. Moving forward, I want to use outdoor activities like this to help students see math as something they can actually touch and observe—like the contrast between sharp human angles and organic natural curves. By grounding geometry in real-world spaces, I hope to spark my students' curiosity and help them connect deeply with the math in their everyday lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrance slip , Sep 17

September 10 Exit Slip

Entrance Slip,9/24